Are you ready for something exciting to spice up your yoga practice? Try Buti Yoga! Pronounced as “b-oo-tee”, it’s the next level of yoga and a great way to recharge and energize. In this article, we’ll take you to dive into an ocean called “THE BUTI YOGA” and explore the wide range of marine life living in it such as, “What Is Buti Yoga”, “What Sets It Apart From Traditional Yoga”, “Advantages Of Adding It To Your Routine”, “What You Can Expect During Your Classes” and many more. Are you all set with your diving suit? Well, I take that glance as a yes!
- What Is Buti yoga?
- Backdrop of Buti yoga
- What Sets Buti Yoga Apart From Traditional Yoga?
- Advantages Of Adding Buti Yoga To Your Routine
- What Can You Expect During Your Classes?
- 10 Bonus Tips Especially For You
- Relationship Between Music And Buti Yoga
- How Is Buti Yoga Unique?
- How Many Calories Can Buti Yoga Burn?
- Is Buti Yoga Only For Women?
- Some Of The Buti Yoga Moves
- Certification courses just for you
What Is Buti yoga?
Buti yoga is an intense exercise regimen that blends power yoga, tribal movement, conditioning, and abdominal toning. This workout tones and shapes the whole body while providing meaningful inner transformation. Buti Yoga encourages the idea of setting an intention while you sweat, and recognizing your own value. The term “Buti” is an Indian Marathi phrase that means “a hidden or secret cure”. Buti Yoga combines classic postures and asanas, such as vinyasa-style yoga, with tribal-like dance moves and plyometric training (a form of workout that uses fast and powerful movements to generate strength). It’s an energetic space with fast movements and loud music – far from the regular yoga class, but with a strong emphasis on the mind-body connection. It’s an emotionally driven practice that promotes self-awareness and a feeling of love. Buti Yoga also encourages releasing painful memories and emotional trauma, as well as eliminating any negative energy in your body. Hedy Wyland Capell, a certified Buti Yoga instructor, states that the unique workout “doesn’t feel like you’re working out” due to its constantly changing moves. In a BUTI yoga class, you’ll experience a deep core workout, and you’ll be inspired by the wild and freeing movements of the tribal dance-like moves.
Backdrop of Buti yoga
Bizzie Gold is one of the leading names in personal development and wellness. After nearly two decades of research, she’s now an accomplished entrepreneur with 5 global brands under her successful Buti Inc. parent company. Buti Yoga, Bizzie’s brainchild, was created in 2010 and is a unique workout that combines traditional yoga moves and tribal dance with an added emphasis on conditioning. The primary moves hone in on the abdominal muscles, and Bizzie has developed the Spiral Structure Technique (SST) to make them even more effective. In 2010, shortly after the birth of her daughter, Bizzie encountered a close brush with death and was later diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy (a bundle of disorders which affects the ability to move around and maintain posture). That’s when her business found her and a movement practice, Buti Yoga® came to be. Since then, it’s only continued to grow and evolve beyond Bizzie’s wildest dreams.
What Sets Buti Yoga Apart From Traditional Yoga?
Yoga of every stripe is all about working the core muscles that are the center of the body. Here are 6 noteworthy differences between Buti Yoga and traditional yoga. We’ve outlined them for you to make it easier to tell them apart:
|Buti Yoga, however, uses the Spiral Structure Technique to spin the spine.||Traditional yoga works on those muscles with more straightforward motions.|
|Buti yoga exercise routine takes it up a notch by introducing some dance moves, making it a more intense workout that burns calories and fat in different ways.||Traditional yoga workout does not involve dance steps to burn calories and fat – instead, you do asanas.|
|Buti Yoga utilizes higher-impact plyometrics, as well as some variations of the traditional poses.||Traditional yoga is no stranger to making people sweat, but the poses are generally low-impact.|
|Buti Yoga is a super-charged workout, it gets that heart rate up, giving you a great cardiovascular workout.||Traditional yoga classes are quite different as it includes postures or sequences to elevate your heart rate.|
|Buti Yoga is all about cultivating self-assurance and belief in oneself.||Traditional yoga is about calming the mind and finding inner serenity.|
|Buti Yoga is more fun and lively. It’s a vibrant, youthful way to appreciate the body, and the high energy makes it a really enjoyable activity.||Traditional Yoga is also fun and lively but its approach is quite distinct. It encourages taking Yoga as a way of life instead of just a part of life.|
Advantages Of Adding Buti Yoga To Your Routine
A plethora of perks come with making Buti yoga a part of your daily habits! These perks span from physical to emotional, mental to spiritual. Let’s have a look at these cool benefits!
Physical benefits of Buti yoga
Strengthen the entire abdominal muscle
It uses a unique spiral structure technique to target and strengthen the entire abdominal muscle group instead of just one side through crunches.
Builds a strong and healthy core
It stimulates all parts of the abdominal muscles, from inside to outside, and from top to bottom, to build a strong and healthy core.
Practitioners can expect to work up a sweat and burn 800 to 1000 calories in a single workout session!
Unlocks your inner transformation
This workout is designed to get your body moving and unlock your inner transformation.
Tones and sculpts the body
With beat-blended movements, you’ll be guided out of your head and into your body as you tone and sculpt from head to toe.
Emotional benefits of Buti yoga
Buti yoga helps you break away from negative thoughts by focusing on your body.
Teaches to love
You start to feel a strong, purposeful love for yourself – and everyone else in the room.
Buti Yoga is a practice that looks to unclog and restore the balance in your chakras (energy centers in your body).
Buti yoga helps you connect with your inner strength and feel you are most confident.
It celebrates your uniqueness, encourages you to love yourself, and brings together a supportive tribe.
Overall benefits of Buti yoga
From beginner to advanced yogis, this high-intensity practice is approachable for all levels.
Although it’s not for the faint-hearted, the amazing group energy can help you power through.
Connects body and mind
It can increase the connection between body and mind while allowing you to re-examine your capabilities and redefine your beliefs about yourselves.
It allows you to tap into your wild side and let go of any worries about how you look or what people think.
Increases flexibility and strength
Buti Yoga is great for developing flexibility and strength and creating long, lean muscles.
What Can You Expect During Your Classes?
Buti Yoga is an incredible way to get fit and have fun! Here’s a list of 6 things that you you can expect while giving Buti yoga a try:
- You may expect to come in feeling one way and leave feeling completely refreshed in body and mind.
- Even if you’re a yoga beginner or a seasoned pro, you’ll fit right in.
- You might even find yourself shedding a few tears releasing your inner stress and trauma during the class – it’s just that good!
- The classes last 60-90 minutes and the instructor will keep you motivated with enthusiastic words of encouragement.
- You can expect to shout, dance, and feel the amazing energy in the room.
- No matter your background or experience level, this class is sure to provide a unique, uplifting experience.
10 Bonus Tips Especially For You
- Just remember one thing anyone can hop on board with Buti yoga– even if you’ve never done it before! Oh, by the way – you’ll be movin’ and groovin’ at a serious rate, so be prepared for a sweat sesh!
- Put on your yoga gear and be prepared to sweat. Remember to hydrate before, during, and after the session.
- Take heed of your physical needs and have rest when needed .
- It’s always okay to substitute a pose or movement or to simply rest.
- Exchange strength and laughter with your team.
- Most importantly, leave any doubts or anxieties outside.
- Of course, you’ll be trying out some movements that are new to you–but you’ve got this!
- It may feel strange and scary at first but if you’re willing to accept yourself in the present, you’ll discover a group of warriors willing to support you.
- Eventually, you’ll stop keeping track of what everyone else is thinking and just embrace the feeling of being able to move in new ways.
- Even if you don’t love everything about your body right away, we think you’ll find a newfound comfort with yourself.
Relationship Between Music And Buti Yoga
Buti yoga and music are the perfect couples. Music helps to give the class an energetic aura – and that’s just the start of it! Here are some of the reasons why these two go hand-in-hand:
- This revolutionary workout combines the fierce energy of traditional African and Native American dance rituals with heart-pumping cardio, glutes-sculpting yoga poses, and a healthy dose of butt-shaking fun!
- You’ll move your body to the beat of the music, sweat with a purpose, and discover both physical and emotional rewards.
- Instead of focusing on punishment, Buti yoga celebrates your body and helps you to reach your goals with explosive moves and killer abs sequences.
How Is Buti Yoga Unique?
Buti yoga is truly one-of-a-kind practice. Let’s see why:
- Buti yoga is a unique blend of old-school and modern fitness moves, spiced up with some exciting dance steps.
- It’s more than just shaping the body from the outside- it’s about connecting the body, mind, and spirit.
- This practice seeks to awaken the Shakti energy (the female principle of divine energy) within, located at the base of the spine.
- Through Buti yoga movements like hip rotations, you can sculpt and mold your body while tapping into the power of your divine feminine energy.
- You don’t have to worry about getting limited results since Buti exercises target all the abdominal muscles, giving you a lean, toned physique.
How Many Calories Can Buti Yoga Burn?
Buti classes are a fun way to get your sweat on. We’ve provided a general notion of how many calories you can burn:
- A 75-minute regimen can bring together traditional yoga moves and tribal dance for a heart-pumping workout that can burn up to 1,000 calories.
- It depends on your body type and how hard you push it.
- Even if you don’t burn that many calories, it’s still worth trying a Buti class; you will still get that endorphin rush, and your mood will be instantly lifted!
Is Buti Yoga Only For Women?
No way! Let us explain why:
- Buti yoga is an activity that doesn’t discriminate – no matter your gender, everyone can reap the rewards of this fun and energizing practice.
- Women have had significant success with Buti yoga, yet it’s equally beneficial for men.
- It is designed to be an exciting, high-intensity workout that encourages individuals to gain confidence in their sexuality.
- Buti yoga helps you to build a network of like-minded people to encourage and find support in your community
- It’s a fun, stimulating way to stay fit and be body positive.
- The practice is centered on self-adoration, and self-acceptance hence it’s a great way to accept and love yourself.
Some Of The Buti Yoga Moves
Although Buti yoga has some limited moves they are really empowering. Each one is given a short amount of time – usually 40 seconds – and you can go as fast as you like. Let your own strength and potential guide you and move at your own pace.
- Slide Exercise:
Try this workout for your l legs, shoulders, abs, and glutes.
Start with feet together and a slight forward bend, keeping palms together in front of the chest. Hop one leg out to the side, toes touching the ground. Then, while staying in the squat, extend one arm diagonally overhead, letting the other arm fall to the side. Alternate sides and repeat!
Try this workout for strong arms, back, and legs.
Start in a plank position, engaging your core as you drop your hips. As you inhale, raise your hips and arch your back towards the ceiling. Keep your head up as you pull your left knee towards your chest and then release. Repeat on the other side and you’re ready to go!
- Butt Out:
Try this workout for a great butt.
Start by standing with your feet slightly apart, your toes pointed outward, and your hands resting on your upper legs. Inhale and draw your abs in, pushing your pelvis forward. As you exhale, engage your lower back and tuck your tailbone back. Move quickly between these two positions to really work your abs, legs, and glutes.
- Straddle Exercise:
Try this workout for a full-body workout.
Start with your feet wider than shoulder length apart. Lean back and tuck in your abs. Then, quickly move your torso side-to-side while extending your arms out at shoulder level.
- Reaching movement:
Try this workout for your abs, legs, shoulders, and hips.
Start in a tabletop position, with hands-on your shoulders and fingers pointing back. Lift your hips, bend your knees, and reach your arms up to open your chest, engaging your abdominal muscles. After that, circle your hips counter-clockwise and then switch directions, circling your hips clockwise.
Try this workout to strengthen your core, back, and legs.
Start by standing with feet shoulder length apart. Bend over keeping your legs straight, shift your feet to the left and flex both knees. Drop your right knee towards the center and keep it lifted. Keep your palms on the floor and hop your legs back. Get ready to feel the burn!
Certification courses just for you
You can take various courses and paths to certify yourself with Buti yoga and increase your understanding of the method. For those just starting out with teaching yoga, or already experienced teachers, there are ways to learn more about Buti yoga and become a more versatile practitioner.
Buti Yoga Certification
Reach your fitness goals by coming out of your comfort zone with this signature certification. Buti combines core toning, energy-boosting exercises, and cardio-dancing for a high-intensity, full-body workout. In these classes, you’ll explore movements beyond the conventional and help you reach ‘Buti Bliss’! You’ll be able to discover your own flair and create captivating classes that your students will love.
Online Sculpt X Certification
Become a Buti Yoga pro and increase your appeal to students! This training class gives you the tools to create convenient, fat-burning workouts that maximize strength and prevent injury. By adding HIIT and resistance training, you’ll be able to offer something unique that will draw in more students. During training, you’ll get to grips with anatomy, physiology, injury prevention, and more. Now’s your chance to really up your game!
VIBE + FLOW Certification
It is an innovative fusion of vinyasa and Buti. They offer students intuitive vinyasa sequences, creative transitions, and the use of props and modifications. Beat-blended movement encourages students to let go of their thoughts and feel their bodies. Their signature Buti movements are potent and effective and help bring your intention to life.
Buti Bands +Sculpt Certification
This 2-day certification is the perfect way to give your teaching career a boost! Packed with BUTI BANDS + BUTI SCULPT, this training offers instructors a 30-minute class format students will love. You’ll be able to get the lowdown on anatomy, physiology, and injury prevention, plus discover creative sequencing and modification ideas to make your classes stand out. You can get certified and maximize your market reach with this fantastic opportunity!
This program is meant to assist yogis in obtaining proficiency and authority in their practice by focusing on low-impact movements that link the mind to the muscles. The class is a preventive measure to avert injury, reestablish mobility, and assist in recovery. Buti yoga can benefit both the dedicated yogi looking to vary their practice and the novice yogi desiring to start in this field by providing an exciting and accessible approach to yoga.
Hot Core Certification
This one-day certification provides instructors with an extra class to increase their Buti Yoga marketability. Each course takes no more than 30 minutes, allowing your students to quickly get an intense workout while strengthening their core and avoiding potential injuries. This style is perfect for expanding your student base and inviting those who need to be more comfortable with traditional Buti classes. With your enthusiasm and knowledge of the practice, you can easily transition these students into complete practice.
Primal Flow Certification
Unearth your primal self with the sacred harmony of the divine masculine and feminine energies inside you! Primal Flow intertwines Vinyasa and Buti Yoga elements and beliefs to do a practice that is both active and peaceful for your Body, Mind, and Spirit! Get certified in Buti Yoga instructor training and join a virtual webinar to become more informed on functional anatomy. Learn how to sequence postures and create a class that stimulates both masculine (shiva) and feminine (shakti) energies.
Online Buti 200-Hour Certification
Yoga Alliance is here to help you reach your goals! This 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training program is fully accredited. It allows you to get certified in Vinyasa Flow, Hot Yoga, Hot Vibes (Intuitive Vinyasa), and Buti Yoga. Pass the tests, show off your skills, and you’ll be eligible for the YA 200 RYT designation. It’s time to take your yoga career to the next level!
What to wear during Buti yoga?
When it comes to clothing for Buti classes, most women opt for shorts and a sports bra. But, ultimately, it’s up to the individual to decide what they’re most comfortable wearing. Remember, clothes should make you feel free, not restricted. To get the most out of your Buti yoga experience, choose clothing that is flexible and won’t get in the way. Form-fitting pants, shorts, tanks, and sports bras are ideal. If you wear something too loose, it might bunch up and be distracting. You don’t need shoes either – all classes, including Buti, are done barefoot. This is a deliberate dress code for yoga classes as it helps you see in the mirror how your abdominal muscles are working, so you know when you’re really engaging them.
Is Buti yoga worth a try?
Don’t let the hype about Buti yoga scare you away – it’s worth giving it a try. Even if the physical and interactive elements of Buti yoga don’t grab you, you might find emotional benefits worth exploring. Plus, Buti yoga has a great supportive community: people strive to be inclusive and promote self-awareness and self-love. It provides an atmosphere full of positive vibes, so why not give Buti yoga a go?
Is Buti Yoga tough?
Buti Yoga is a powerful workout! Forget about the more passive yoga classes – this one is about having fun and burning calories. You’ll be moving to the beat, dancing and grooving your way through some wild, liberating movements that will have your heart racing. Not only will this help boost your energy levels, but it’ll also increase your resting metabolic rate.
How often should you do Buti Yoga?
For the best results, we recommend 3 days of practice and 1 day of rest. Even though you may feel like you want to get on your mat every day, it’s important to take a break and let your body recover. Believe us, once you become accustomed to it, you won’t be able to fight the impulse to keep going!
Buti Yoga has become increasingly popular and rightly so – it’s an intense workout that will leave you feeling empowered and refreshed. So forget the mundane left-right-up-down routine because you’ll never be bored when you join a Buti yoga class! So what are you waiting for? Lace-up your shoes, turn up the volume on your favorite playlist, and get ready to shake it up with Buti yoga!